Antibody discovery typically refers to the screening and identification of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) that target a specific epitope for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. A common approach to generating monoclonal antibodies involves the fusion of a pre-mitotic cancer cell with a post-mitotic and terminal antibody-expressing B-cell from the spleen. The resulting fused cell is called a hybridoma and has the advantage of producing mAbs while dividing to regenerate itself. Screening hybridomas for binding specificity or productivity can be automated using the ClonePix 2 and the Octet HTX systems.
- XP Media and CloneMedia provide a simple (no extra supplements required), yet comprehensive solution from hybridoma generation to production
- XP Media and CloneMedia perform significantly better than competitor X on all stages of the hybridoma workflow
- The use of automation for imaging, screening, and picking of clones drastically shortens the time needed to identify desirable clones
- CloneMedia, CloneDetect reagent, and the ClonePix 2 System allow for the automated selection of high-producing clones in one convenient step
- The Octet HTX system provides ample throughput for rapid binding and specificities analysis of multiple clones